Los Angeles Naturalization Lawyer
Immigrants become citizens through the process of Naturalization. Our immigration law firm is excited to help potential clients on the road to citizenship. To schedule a consultation with an experienced Van Nuys immigration attorney, contact the Law Offices of Chirnese L. Liverpool at (818) 714-2200.
The N-400 form and N-600 Form (for minors) are the two forms that are filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offices. Our California immigration lawyers can assist you with the preparation of the correct Naturalization application forms and Naturalization Interview.
Am I Eligible for Naturalization?
To be eligible for Naturalization, one must meet certain requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of filing for Naturalization.
- Be a permanent resident (have a “Green Card”) for at least 5 years.
- Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you apply.
- Demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.
- Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).
- Be a person of good moral character.
- Demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.
What documents are needed for my Naturalization Application?
Here is a link to the documents that will be needed when applying for Naturalization.
Will I have to take a test?
Yes, you will have to take an English and Civics test unless you qualify for an exemption or waiver. The English test covers reading, writing and speaking. The civics test covers important U.S. history and government topics. There are tools on Amazon to help you study for your naturalization test. (Amazon affiliate link used – if you purchase through this link, it doesn’t cost you anything extra but gives an immigration attorney a few pennies for her next coffee)
Why should I apply for Naturalization?
There are amazing perks to becoming a US Citizen. For example you will have the right to vote, you can travel freely within the United States, you can become eligible for Federal Employment and you can receive government benefits such as Social Security and Medicare. Now THAT is living the AMERICAN DREAM!
Contact our Los Angeles Attorneys For Citizenship
To learn how our Van Nuys immigration lawyers can assist you with the Naturalization and citizenship process do not hesitate to contact our office by calling us at (818) 714-2200 or online.