How do I replace a lost green card?

Life happens. Sometimes that means that you may lose your green card (also known as a permanent resident card). If you have lost your green card. Don’t worry, there is a way to replace a lost green card.

Replace a lost green card

To replace a lost green card, you will need to file a Form I-90. This form I-90 can be filed either by mail or online.
You will want to make sure that you fill out the form in its entirety (full name, address, date of birth etc) to avoid it being rejected by USCIS.
If you fill out your I-90 application and mail it in USCIS will create an online account for you. You can then log in to USCIS via your new online account. Once you are logged in, you can pay for the Form I-90 application online, check the status of your application / processing times, manage your contact address and information and receive notifications regarding your account.

How much does it cost to replace a lost green card?

The fee to replace a lost green card is $455. In addition, you may be required to do another biometrics service. If so, that fee is $85.
If you mail in your green card application, you can pay the fee by check, cashier’s check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. If you want to pay by a credit or debit card, you will also need to complete form G-1450 and mail it along with your I-90 application. If you complete your application online, you can pay online with a credit or debit card.
If you NEVER received your original green card after it was issued, there is no fee to replace it. Also, if your green card has a data error on it due to the Department of Homeland Security fault, there is no fee. (if it’s your fault, you will have to pay the fee)

What documents or information will I need to replace my lost green card?

To replace your lost green card you will need the following: A copy of your previous green card or another government-issued photo identification card. This government-issued photo identification card must include at least your photo, name, date of birth and signature.
If your card was issued but you never received it and are seeking to replace that permanent residence card, you must also submit a copy of your Form I-797 (Notice of Action) or a copy of your passport page that has the I-551 stamp.
Our office always keeps a copy of your green card and advises our clients to keep a copy in there personal records as well. If you are one of our former clients you can contact us for a copy of your green card if needed.
Can you help me to replace my green card / permanent resident card?

Yes, the Law office of Chirnese L. Liverpool can assist you with replacing your green card (permanent resident card). We are located in

Van Nuys, California however we assist individuals with immigration matters nationwide. Contact us today by calling 818-714-2200 or filling out our contact us form.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »